Sunday, September 6, 2009

Marriage.

I know the Love that waits for me
Is a love so deep and pure I can't even really fathom it -
So I don't wonder about it anymore.
I know that what Life has in store for me
is wilder than my wildest dreams
Sits outside the boundaries of my imagination
And far exceeds anything I could possibly expect
So I don't do too much thinking of it anymore.
I know that it's out there, waiting
And each day that passes by is a day I get closer to it -
And my sense for it gets stronger daily -
So I've let go of looking for it.
I know that the Love that waits for me
Isn't meant for my full understanding
Some things need our acceptance, and nothing more;
When I'm ready to accept it,
I know that this Love will actually find me.

© 2009 Patricia B.

--
The process:

I've been having lots of conversations lately with my girlfriends about marriage... well, actually more about weddings than marriage but definitely on the topic of what it takes to be successful in marriage. I guess I'm just in the time of my life where these conversations are more prevalent - because they sure weren't a few years ago! Just now, as I thought of the prospect of me being married, the first line of that poem popped into my head. And then the rest just flowed out.

When I'm ready to accept it/ I know that this Love will actually find me.

I don't know why, but I'm not worried.

2 comments:

hoojunkmail_at_REMOVE_yahooDOTcom said...

Congrats on your new adventure! What is the actual date?

Unknown said...

i know that's right! *snaps*